2018 Vignette Project Covering 1975 through June 2017
As our final written project of the year, each person will have the opportunity to recognize an individual that deserves to be recognized and respected by our nation today, even if their journey is still ongoing. You will create a biographical sketch of this person, highlighting their accomplishments but you need to provide a well-rounded view of their life – every great story has a beginning, middle and end. Your final project must contain: a minimum of 5 different sources: at least one book and at least one newspaper, magazine, or journal article. You must also include a picture of your person.
- Minimum of 500 words.
- The person can be living or deceased.
- The person CANNOT be a current politician, or an entertainer of any kind – that includes – professional athlete; movie/television/theatre/music/dance or YouTube performer or current promoter/sponsor of any of the above items. Current members of the Forbes 400 list are also excluded from the project.
- Only one person can write about each individual – everyone must tell me of their choice NO LATER THAN the end of school on Tuesday May 8th.
- We will be in the Media Center on May 4, May 7 and May 8 and you will have several in-class work days, too.
- Projects are due on Friday MAY 18. You will submit a hard copy of your paper and an electronic version of your paper to me on that day.
- If you have questions, please let me know – this project is an essay grade. Essays are 33% of the quarter grade,